Friday, May 29, 2015

Little Old, Little New

Today I don't have much to show, but still decided to do a Friday Night post to show I'm still fairly active on here.  I've gotten wrapped up in other stuff that just haven't been in the mood to do as many blogs as of late.  That should change soon.  Anyways, lets look at some pictures and discuss.


I recently won these cards on Listia.  I haven't been on there as much, and when I am I never spend a lot of time on it.  These were cheap, and I didn't have many from this set so I got them.  I think I like the Lowery cards best, but the main reason for getting these were for the Albert Lewis and Steve DeBerg cards.  I liked both of them when I first started watching and didn't have either of their cards so I wasn't much of a risk for me.  I still have no real plans to expand my Chiefs collection beyond getting some here and there, but this was a nice addition.

I also recently bought some 2015 Bowman cards.  I didn't plan on it, but I wanted to check out a Casey's convenience store that opened a while back and finally did.  It is a nice store, and to my surprise had packs of Bowman for sale, the first place I could find them.  Here are the results.


I got a Chris Sale card, so at least I knew somebody in the pack.  I also heard of Jake Lamb and Trevor May.  I know I heard the name Dilson before, so I guess I heard of all of them.  I'm not real sure if I like the design of these cards.  I'm not a fan of straight corners mixed with curved corners, and the Bowman logo seems a bit out of place, maybe it should have been under the team logo which doesn't stand out.


Here is the rest.  I'm not sure what I was expecting going in, but as far as the names, I'm cool with what I got.  I really could do without the Chrome cards though.  If I wanted Chrome I would buy a pack of them, I would have preferred more base set cards or an insert instead.  I guess I might try another pack in the future but I don't expect to buy too many of them.

That will wrap it up for tonight, I have been in the process of cleaning stuff up and still have a lot to do, so off I go.  Thanks for reading and have a great weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Hey do you need the 1993 Toy's R Us Stadium Club Royals team set? I busted open the plastic stadium to get the Angels and few others out. email me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure I do, but I'll check. I'll see what I have you might need and email you and work something out.

      Delete