Friday, July 31, 2015

All Out Of Bubblegum...

I wasn't go to post so soon, as I'm still thinking of Fluffy and not in the mood (and thanks for the comments by the way), but I found out a bit ago that "Rowdy" Roddy Piper passed away.  As I said on twitter, I hated Piper.  He played the heel persona so well that as a kid, I couldn't stand him.  After the demise of WCW, I realized how good he was at his job.  He played his character so well, that he literally had people hate him.  I grew to love him in later years, and this is a pretty big loss for the wrestling world.  I could go on, but pictures are worth a thousand words, so thanks to Trading Card Database, enjoy some of these cards of Piper.  I only have one Piper card, I might look for a couple of these to add.




The first card is the one I have.  The last card is from the 2015 Topps set.

Even if you didn't watch wrestling, you knew who Piper was, thanks in large part to the cult classic movie They Live.



While looking for photos from the movie, I came across this tweet he made a couple years back.


I've felt that way a lot sometimes.

What was amazing to see was while playing Saints Row 4... well, check out this screenshot-


Of course other people may remember him from a music video from The Goonies.  If you never seen the video, it's well worth watching.


It's been a long, rough week, but this didn't help at all.  Another thing I spotted when searching for pictures was this.


On that note I want to say very few wrestlers could pull off being a heel so good that you hated him.  He went in and did his job.  Watching They Live for the first time when I was adult was so great because I respected him much more and could appreciate his performance.  So now its time for somebody else to kick some ass.  Just don't run out of bubblegum.

Thanks for reading, and I might start posting again on Monday.  I hope everyone has a great weekend.

1 comment: