Wednesday, May 25, 2016

The Set List- Simpsons, eh?

I know a horrible title, I apologize.  When coming up with recurring topics I like to have a title for it.  My brain is mush right now and I can't think of a good title using the word "set".  I think I had one a long time ago, but I forgot it.  I'll check my archive later.  For now though, lets get on with it.

When I was growing up one of my favorite cards I had was The Simpsons.  I don't know if it was because it was a cartoon, or because it was a show I didn't get so it was the only way to keep up with it, but loved Simpsons trading cards.  When I got back into collecting I found some here and there, but one day I wanted to get a complete set.  Earlier this year I made a list of goals for the year, and this set was included.  My goal was simply to add more cards and get close to completion.

A couple months ago I was on Listia and a seller was listing a lot of complete sets of various non-trading cards.  Anything from Ninja Turtles to Rocketeer, to whatever else.  He also had some sets of Simpsons cards.  Some were some newer ones like from 2005.  I initially bid on a couple of those sets to get for a friends birthday, but kept getting outbid.  For 3 days this happened.  On the fourth day though he also had a set of Simpsons cards from the early 90's.  I was hoping I could get them cheap while everyone was outbidding each other on the newer ones.

IT WORKED!  I won the set, and now I don't have to worry about it anymore.  Now if I choose to, I can search for the stickers that were included in the packs.  While I hope to get those one day, I have no rush right now.  I had a couple as a kid, but it was the cards I liked more.

So, here it is, the complete set of Simpsons trading cards.  As a bonus, I am also showing off another Simpsons set I have, but its not complete.  It is a sticker set I got on clearance a few years back via random packs.  Out of all the Simpsons cards, I can never find much on these.  I don't even think they are listed on the Trading Card Database.  You'll see them at the end of the set.


I just realized these are scanned out of order.  Sorry about that.  Oh well, here we go with the rest.  Some pages could be in order though, I'm not sure.  If the future I will work on that.










So there you go.  They were all in great shape too, no rounded edges, so I was happy.

As you can see, at the end is the stickers I mentioned.  Here are the rest of them.  I think they came out in like 2005-2007 or so and from Artbox.  If you search Artbox Simpsons or something similar you will find other cards (such as the ones I initially bid on).





One of my favorites is the Homer one about to devour the Krusty Burger.


Even a cameo from one of those trolls again.

So that's a complete set of Simpsons cards.  I'm glad I have it now.  I might do an update on my goals this week to see what I need to work on.  I know its not halfway to the end of the year, but this could motivate me to work on the others.

That wraps it up for tonight, thanks for reading and have a great night.

4 comments:

  1. Wow you are right, those are old Simpsons cards. That was when they still hadn't figured out the looks of the characters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's why I like them so much. It would be kind of nice if Topps released a Heritage version of this set on its 30th anniversary remembering classic episodes.

      Delete
  2. I would eat at a Lard Lad Donuts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A few years ago I definitely would, but the last year or so I haven't had donuts too much. Though to be honest I probably would still eat there.

      Delete