Saturday, May 14, 2016

Random Pix

I made a mistake the other day.  I scanned a bunch of things onto my desktop computer, but unlike most time, I didn't transfer all the scans onto my laptop.  Usually its not an issue but yesterday the apartment I'm at sprayed for bugs.  Its a yearly thing, and since I remember how it went last year, I was prepared this year.  That meant however I had to move  a lot of things, more than normal since there is still things from the house we haven't put in storage yet.  The problem came about though because I had to move all my cards out of the closet and the only logical place was my desktop.  It sucked because I had them stacked all nicely finally, but I still haven't moved them back yet.  So long story short (too late), I can't access the desktop computer, so for now blogging will be delayed.

I hated not posting for a couple days, so I figured I'd grab my camera and take pictures of random things and discuss.  Let's see how this turns out.


This was my sister Andrea's.  She was a big Mickey Mouse fan and she liked Minnie too.  This is a variation of a dashboard hula girl.  I think it came from the Disney Store but not sure.  I can't remember how she got it, but its possible I got it for her.  We recently found it, but I haven't yet moved it from a drawer in my desk.  I didn't want to put it in storage, but chances are it will go there soon.


Tom Emanski baseball training VHS!  YES!  Now I just need to find a VCR that works.  Hopefully I can copy this onto DVD, though I'm not really sure why I'd want to.


Again, I hope I can transfer this to DVD, but even if I did I'm not sure I would watch it much.


I found this recently as well, but not really sure what to do with it.  This came off the top of an Avon bottle.  My dad had a ton of different Avon bottles, but we didn't want to go through the trouble of doing anything and we didn't have room, so I just kept this.


This is a cool little Chiefs car.  I'm not sure how or when my dad got it, but it is pretty cool.  I might put this on my shelf at some point, but for now I need to rearrange things so I can put it there.


I'm not sure the year on this but if I had to guess I would say 80's maybe even early 80's.


I have never seen this before, and well, I don't know what to say.


It is kind of cool, but it will go to storage some point soon as I don't need it around and while it doesn't take up much space, even a little bit of space in my desk drawer will go a long way.  Maybe a pot on my desk drawers are in the future.  I might be the only person with hacksaw blades in his desk.

Anyways, let's move on.


A while back, I showed off some Budweiser helmets from the Bud Bowl series.  I have quite a few of them, but until recently I didn't know if I had any of the Bud Light ones.  I was pretty excited when I found these.  In fact, I might even need to find a bigger shelf so I can display this and the Bud one too.  Shelf space is low as it is, so the thought of rotating items hasn't escaped me.  I'll might do that and post the shelves at random times.


The final piece is a cool piece my dad had.  My dad was a big fan of older cars and one of his favorites was the 57 Chevy.  This is one that is similar to the glass pieces you could win at a county fair.

Ok, so its getting late, that's all I took pictures of, and I have nothing else to really add, so its wraps up today's post.  Thanks for reading and have a great end of the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment