Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Themeless in Missouri

I don't have a theme for today's cards, and not much to set them up with, so let's begin with a couple cards I meant to show last night and go from there.


I've wanted a Trevor Bayne card ever since he won the Daytona 500 a few years back.  I haven't made it a real high priority though, but this one popped up cheap on Listia and I bid.  Then I won.  I don't really root for him each week, but I do root for him if he has a shot at a decent finish.  I mean I have to root for somebody who might win.  I'm starting to question why I am still rooting for Michael Annett each week.  I mean he finishes in the bottom 10 each week, and usually a lap down by lap 25.  I know he doesn't have a big time team behind him, but at least the other drivers show flashes of goodness.  Annett leads a lap once every few races because he doesn't under caution.  Then he pits after the race starts back up and goes 2 laps down.  It sucked he was in that late crash last weekend, he could have finished in the top 25 if he wasn't, but I doubt it.

When pulling cards lately, I found this Odell Beckham Jr. card.  It will look nice next to the autographed card I have of him.  Not sure what else to add here.


Found these in a box I went through yesterday.  The Royals ones are doubles as I figured, but I haven't checked on the Musial.  Its a puzzle piece card like the big puzzle Donruss had each year, but this is baseball card sized.  I don't think I have it in my collection, so if not, it will be added swiftly.


I won all these on Listia recently.  The Bo and Kirby card I think I was missing, so I bid and won.  I didn't bid a lot, but I hope I did need it as it will close a gap. The seller threw in the Mike Sweeney card as a bonus.  I don't have that either, so double bonus.  The Beltran I bid more than I wanted to, but I'm sure sooner rather than later I will make an effort at an actual Carlos Beltran collection.

The Cedric the Entertainer card I got because it was cheap, and he is a Missouri native, so I bid.  Its actually a parallel card so its a lot nicer than I expected.

The Kendall Graveman cards I bid on because they were dirt cheap.  I expected someone else to win them, but to my surprise, nobody else bid.  I don't know anything about him, but could give me a reason to check him out.


Can't remember if I showed these, I thought I did, but if not, here they are.  Not the best, but then again, I've seen worse.


Hoops looks a little plain, but I still like it.  Also I never used that Dunk card, so scan the QR if you want, I have no desire.  I wish I got a former Mizzou guy or another guy I like in one of these packs, but it doesn't look like I did.


While cleaning, I found this on one of the walls.  I was going to leave it, but I decided to get it.  I wasn't a huge soccer fan at the time, but my mom went to a food show in Kansas City, and found this at one of the booths.  Its a nice piece of history to have.  I really want to get into soccer, but don't care much for the European League, and MLS isn't real exciting to me.  Though I will watch from time to time.  I am glad I did decide to get this, as I had it on the wall ever since she got it basically, so it does remind me of my old house a bit.


A couple weeks ago, on the last day of moving, someone wanted one of the mowers we had.  So we decided to pull it behind my friends truck and I would steer it.  Well not long after we started, the mower got too much momentum and I ended up basically sideswyping the truck.  There wasn't much if any damage, but I did get scratched and bruised pretty good (and a fender got jammed in a certain spot I don't want to talk about), and actually still have the bruises.  I was fine, in fact a neighbor offered his trailer, and after it was loaded my friend said he could unload it, so I decided to walk it off.  I was fine, just in a bit of shock.

The reason I bring that up is because a short time later I stopped at the local Casey's General Store and I felt lucky and bought a pack of 2015 Topps cards.  I did it because I didn't get too many series two packs, and figured this would take my mind off things.

This turned into a semi-hot pack of Royals.  A pack with Hoch and Davis is great on any day, but then getting the Bonifacio card was a nice bonus.  Even the other cards were nice too.

Here are the rest.


Another Royals player?  Surely I didn't have all these cards.  Then the inserts were just as good.  A Griffey?  Are you kidding me? Throw in a Lou Brock with Rickey Henderson, and I hit a jackpot.  Then in addition an A-Rod that I can add to my growing collection, and this might be the best pack I've bought in a couple years.  At that point I was still sore, but I couldn't tell since I was so happy with the cards I got.

That wraps it up for tonight.  I shouldn't brag, but for the last week, I've been getting a good amount of sleep.  It usually starts about 5-8 PM then about 5-6 hours of sleep, but at least its a start.  I'm getting sleepy now so I better finish up.  Thanks for reading and have a great night.

No comments:

Post a Comment