Thursday, February 26, 2015

Jupiterhill

Maddux Mania and Who Let The Dogs Out?

Not much to this post, just showing off a Greg Maddux card I won on Listia and some cards of dogs (none of which are playing poker).


My first 2015 card is from the Archetypes insert set.  It was 499 credits I think, so it was worth it.


While I still think there are too many inserts, I like the design of this one.

Well, now let's see some dogs.


I'm not sure why SI For Kids did this, but eh, whatever.  I had to scan it to add it to the Trading Card Database, so here it is.  It even has stats for the dogs.


Oh yeah, and kids, BY THIS BOOK!  I guess that's why they promoted the cards.  Anyways, I also scanned some Goldfish, so might as well show them off too.



I think that's enough damage for one night, so thanks for reading and have a great night.

7 comments

Write comments
Matthew Scott
AUTHOR
2/27/15, 7:01 AM delete

The dog cards are kind of weird. One of the SI for Kids editors must have been on acid.

Reply
avatar
2/27/15, 9:02 AM delete

SI For Kids has done some bizarre stuff in the past - Eric Lindros in a dress, for instance- but this may be the oddest of all. Is it wrong that it made me happy to see they included NASCAR? I can't decide.

Reply
avatar
Jupiterhill
AUTHOR
2/27/15, 10:18 AM delete

I was a bit upset when I realized it was all to promote a book, but then I realized I had a free subscription, and had better things to worry about. I would have liked to have had actual cards though.

Reply
avatar
Jupiterhill
AUTHOR
2/27/15, 10:20 AM delete

My favorite was the Edwards one. Sometimes I forget I'm not the target audience and question what they do. I will admit they do have a frequent amount of NASCAR so I can't complain too much.

Reply
avatar
Jason Presley
AUTHOR
2/27/15, 1:30 PM delete

Yeah, that was my thought as well. But then I remembered that the only reason I was even getting the magazine was because the MagsForMiles subscription helped keep the rest of my airline miles from expiring.

Reply
avatar
3/1/15, 12:24 PM delete

if they don't come out with a new company for NASCAR, they may be the only ones producing cards...and I may need to resubscribe to the magazine just to get them. My last subscription was 1997, I believe.

Reply
avatar
Bru
AUTHOR
3/29/15, 1:34 PM delete

Oh man, those are classic SI for Kids weird ones. I loved getting that magazine as a kid.

Reply
avatar