Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Seems Like Yesterday

Back in July I went to the Midway Antique Mall.  A friend of mine told me they opened a new section, and so I wanted to check it out.  For whatever reason, I haven't posted about it until now.  I'll do it in two parts, and these will be all items I passed up.  To be honest, I forgot what I actually ended up buying aside from a couple items for a friend.

Anyways, let's dig in.


Before I start talking about this stuff, I've been sick almost a week so I'm not in the mood to write a bunch like normal, so this could be brief.

These framed records were kind of cool I thought, so I took a photo.


This is a pretty cool wood cut out, but I think I would have liked it better without the glitter.


For some reason I really wanted this.  I never got into Bud Man, but I think this is pretty sweet.


I was on the look out for Mizzou glasses for my friend.  He had all but one, and I actually found the one he needed cheap so I got it for him.  Maybe the next task will be to find a pitcher that is cheap.  Lot's of luck on that one.


I thought this was pretty funny.  I'm not sure how much it cost, but if I go back sometime soon I might check and see if its still there.


An autographed Bigfoot picture.  I liked it, but the Bigfoot shown isn't one I remember, so I didn't have as much emotional attachment to it.  Looking back, I'm glad I passed because it would be something else I wouldn't have space to display.


I can't think of Slim Jim's without thinking of Macho Man Randy Savage.  I'm also a bit confused why Slim Jim would need a pitcher, but I guess you could put a bunch of them inside the pitcher and have a party.  DIG IT!


Man, I haven't heard about Spuds MacKenzie in 20 years.  This was a nice throwback and reminder of how much I miss the old commercials from when I was growing up.


Sure it looks a little worse for ware, but overall I thought it was in good shape.  I''m not sure how I would use it, but still something cool.


To be honest I didn't notice the cards until after I saw the pennant.  I'm not a McGwire fan, but was curious on the price.  When I got closer I noticed the cards.  I could have gotten them, but I passed them up.  There's a good chance they are still there next time I go.


I saw this and knew I wanted a picture of it.  However when I looked at the price tag just to assure myself I didn't need it, it was low enough that I really had to talk myself out of it.  I may not be able to do that if its still there the next time.  A few years ago I really wanted a record player, but since I moved, I got rid of most of my records, so I don't have as much use for it.  Then again, I do want to listen to my To Hell With The Devil album from Stryper, so we'll see.



I know I watched NASCAR in when the newer Star Wars came out, but I don't remember Jeff Gordon doing this.  I remember quite a few out limited paint schemes through the years, but not this one.  It was kinda cool, but no way I would pay 45 bucks for it.  I'm not sure if thats the going rate or not, but its not something I'd be willing to shell out.


At one point in the 90's up until a few years ago, I was a big fan of the Miami Hurricanes football team.  I still follow them, so I haven't completely dropped them (like I did with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers), so when I saw this, I liked it.  However, I have a feeling I could probably make something similar if I tried.


When I saw this I got excited.  I like advertising and tins, but this was massive.  It seemed a bit bigger than the holiday popcorn tins, but just imagine it being full of shortening?  It was something I had no use for, but the advertising aspect caught my attention.

So that wraps up part one,  I know its not as wordy as normal, but I have either a cold or a flu (I'm leaning towards flu) and would rather just get this done and going back to sleep.

So thanks for reading and I'll have the rest up tomorrow or by the weekend.  Have a great night.

2 comments:

  1. good call passing on the Gordon car...you can find them under $20 with a little effort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi'
    nice post,keep sharing!

    some of the best mens shoes available here
    party footwear

    ReplyDelete