Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Big Bag O'Cards- I Wanna Sets You Up

Running late with tonights post thanks to playing some Xbox 360, so let's dig into the Big Bag O'Cards and find some more cards I got, specifically a couple more complete sets.


At first glance I thought these were cards that came from the regular Topps set as they were mixed in with other cards that came from the set.  This wasn't my favorite design from Topps in recent memory, but hey, getting a near complete set is never a bad thing.  I was happy to get the Beltran and Freese cards, and can't really complain about the Carpenter and Schumaker cards either.


Another day, another Fredbird sighting.  Throw in a Wainwright and a Garcia and this is a real deal set.  I like the variety of the jerseys they picked for the photos.   Also happy Jaime didn't decide to carve up that throwback jersey.

So I counted 16 cards and figured it was most of the set.  So I went to Trading Card Database to see if I had them all and to my surprise I was only missing one card.  Card number 17 to be exact.  So what is card 17?


A nice card showing off Busch Stadium.  I will have to look for this card.  Aside from finishing the set, its a nice photo with a nice background shot of the St. Louis Arch.  I know I give the Cardinals a lot of crap, but what is surprising is that I live about 150 miles away from St. Louis and have never been to Busch Stadium.  Not the new one, or not even the old one.  When my sister had cancer treatment in St. Louis, we were about a mile or two from the Stadium, but we never went to a game.  She said she would have liked to but it took a lot out of her the treatments did.  She was a big Cardinals fan, so it would have been nice to have gone to at least one game.  Her treatments also coincided with their playoff run as well as the World Series run, so it was good to see how the local media covered the events and hearing the people in the hotel react to the games.


Here is the back of the card I don't have, thanks to TCDB for the scan.  Not much is different from the Topps base cards but it is numbered differently.  I might have to make a trek to St. Louis and watch a game.

This next set is a whole other sport.  I mean that literally.


I like black border cards, however I'm not a big fan of it being mixed with foil lettering because it doesn't show well.  The odd thing is that the base set didn't have black borders, so I don't know if this is a special set, or what. 

My mom is a big fan of the Packers, and I'm a bit surprised to see a full team set of a Wisconsin team in a bag of cards from St. Louis.  Especially when the Rams were still around and not too bad.  Then again, the Packers have fans everywhere so it shouldn't be much of a surprise.


Looking now and I guess I didn't get a complete team set.  Though I'm not too upset.  I did get Aaron Rodgers and A.J. Hawk so I can't complain too much.  I admit I didn't check to see who many was in the team set, but I still got a good amount of them.  This bag didn't have a ton of non-baseball cards, so them have a majority of them being one team not from Missouri is a surprise.

I did have more planned for tonight but I'm distracted a bit right now and no more sets that almost done and since I started late, I'll wrap it up for now.  Thanks for reading, and there is still plenty more to show from the Big Bag, so stay tuned for more.  Have a great night.

No comments:

Post a Comment