Saturday, October 18, 2014

Random, Obscure, Yankees, Albert, Lottery, Stuff

I couldn't think of a title today, but I knew I had random stuff to show.  Plus I had something from the Yankees, and maybe an Albert card, and an obscure pack.  R-O-Y-A-L-S! Oddly enough I don't have any Royals to show off, maybe I can scan something crazy real quick.

I was going to post something Mizzou related, but never gathered the stuff.  Usually I am in the thick of things and would be complaining about the Tigers losing last week, and figuring they have no chance this week.  However, I don't care.  It's not to say I won't listen to the game.  ESPN2 isn't on at my place so I can't watch it.  I'll keep up with it, but my attention is on the Royals and the handful of contests I entered to try to get World Series tickets.  It's a long shot, but worth a shot anyways.  I did just read that West Virginia beat Baylor, so that should make some certain bloggers happy. :)

Ok, lets look at some random stuff.

When I bought that binder a few months back I talked about before that had the Coca-Cola Monsters of the Gridiron cards, this was also included. I'm not going to pretend I know anything about Stargate.  It is random to me, and I still haven't found where I should put it at on the Trading Card Database.  It's a little bent, but kind of a cool card.  If anyone is really into Stargate and wants it let me know and I'll add it to my cards I need to send out.









I pulled this card from a pack earlier this year.  I am a big wrestling fan, so this was a sweet pull.  I have had better luck pulling relics and such from wrestling than from any other packs.  I am a fan of Edge's wrestling, so this is staying put in my wrestling binder. Don't worry, I don't have a huge binder filled with just wrestling, I also have NASCAR, Basketball, and other motorsports all in the same binder. 


Let's move on to Obscure.  I pulled this pack earlier this year from a Walmart box that had 15 packs in it.  I had never heard of these, and after I opened them up, it made me feel like a kid again. While it didn't have any Royals, it had players I liked, such as Robin Yount.  These cards came out when I was 11, so if I had known about these, I would have jumped all over them.


Let's move on to Yankees.  This pack might have come from the same box, I can't remember.  I'm not a Yankees fan, and most of the cards in this pack were from one of the years Upper Deck had unlicensed cards, so it was a bit odd.  Nothing too great, though I might have pulled a Johnny Damon card, so it worked for me.  I remember getting a Red Sox pack too at some point, which I was more excited about because until recently, I collected the Red Sox.

Next is Albert... I guess.  It is supposed to be Albert Pujols, but since Panini doesn't have a license from MLB, they couldn't show his jersey.  The problem though is that they never even mention Albert's name on this sticker, so one could just as easily say it's somebody's uncle in the Senior Leagues who hits a lot of home runs.  I really wish the Triple Play cards were more like the early 90's versions of Triple Play.  I liked those a lot better.


A while back I showed off a St. Louis Cardinals lottery ticket.  This time I have the St. Louis Blues.  I scanned them before I scratched them off unlike last time.  The results were the same though, as I didn't win.  Maybe next time I'll try my luck on the Kansas City Chiefs ticket the convenience store had.


 Next is some Stuff.  Sports Illustrated for Kids stuff.  Last year I finally found an offer though surveys I do to get SI for Kids for free.  I only wanted the cards, but I do show the magazines to my nieces and nephews from time to time.  These are a random assortment of cards from this year they have had.  I scan them all to add to the Trading Card Database, but haven't added them yet.  I need to do it at some point.  It's cool to see some players I collect from time to time, but for the most part I look forward to seeing the skiers and other Olympic sports cards from people who may otherwise may never get a card.

While I didn't include any Royals in this post, Zack Greinke is a former Royals player, so that is close enough for me.

The Mizzou game has started, so I'm going to wrap this up.  Thanks for reading, and have a great weekend.








1 comment:

  1. I'm very happy my friend!!!! What a great game.

    That Edge card is cool!

    ReplyDelete