Monday, June 13, 2016

Jupiterhill

Quick Packs... And A Contest Pimp

Yeah you probably clicked because of the contest.  Let's get that out of the way first.  I'm not entering this contest, not because its not a cool prize, but because I just bought some boxes and don't need any. 

Sports Card Collectors

 If you've never been to his page or entered his contests, then you are missing out.  This is a nice contest, and here's a pic if you haven't clicked the link yet.


Enticing enough?  I thought so.

So let's get to today's post.  It's not long, but it is three scans.  So let's take a look.



Two more packs, yeah, I eat too much pizza.  Good news is the top cards were all ones I didn't have, and one on the bottom I didn't have either.   I'm edging closer to get half done.  My friend got a pack the other day and he's not too interested in them, so were are working on a trade, which will net me three more I don't have.  Maybe I can finish this set this year.  Thank goodness I'm not chasing the New Era cards.


I used a coupon from the pizza packs to get a jumbo pack of series one cards.  Here's what I got.  A silver MLB Debut of Nolan Ryan, which is only the second Silver version I've pulled.  I might try to work on the set, but probably mix and match the silver and bronze cards to finish the set.  Other inserts include a rainbow parallel of Chris Heston, a Wrigley insert of Kris Bryant, and a Perspectives of Yadi (which isn't too bad since his name doesn't really overshadow the rest of the card like some of the others.  As for base, I needed the David Freese and I think the Jay Bruce.  The Escobar was a double but will go into my Royals collection, so its all good.


Other base cards I got were... um, these.  Most of these were ones I didn't have yet.  I got about 10 or 12 new base cards so it was actually a pretty good pack.  I hope to finish the set at some point, but with series two coming out soon, I'm not sure how much closer I can get.

So that wraps it up for today, not the longest post, but I've been preoccupied a bit tonight with stuff on TV and other non-important stuff, so might as well end it now.  Thanks for reading and have a great night.

3 comments

Write comments
6/13/16, 8:38 PM delete

Good luck with the Topps Marketside set. Hopefully you won't have to eat TOO much pizza to finish it.

Reply
avatar
P-town Tom
AUTHOR
6/13/16, 8:56 PM delete

If the Marketside Scwarber and Wrigley Bryant cards are up for trade please let me know!

Reply
avatar
Jupiterhill
AUTHOR
6/15/16, 3:22 PM delete

I'll have to check if the Schwarber is a double, but the Bryant is good to go. I also have the Babe Ruth Wrigley also, and maybe another one. I'll email you once I find out.

Reply
avatar