Sunday, August 24, 2014

Uh-oh, NOT AGAIN!

After my last post, I thought to myself "job well done, I finally finished showing off my first package".  Then I looked over and saw a card in a protector and thought "Oh crap, I forgot about a card."

Now I know your making this face on the thought of another post about ONE package.


Well I'm sorry.  I forgot all about it because it was the only card in a protector.  So I must showcase it, it's a rule in trading 101 (I think it is at least, I haven't been able to find all the rules just yet).

Anyways, the good news is that this post won't be too long today.

Here is the card:



This beauty is a 2013 Bowman Chrome Blue Refractor of Billy Butler.  OH MAN I LOVE THIS CARD!  The blue border really makes this card pop especially with blue being one of the Royals team colors.  The shot is a nice one, it looks like he just hit a Billy Bomb.  The only complaint might be the placing of the team logo.  It looks like he just couldn't hold it in.

Since this is the only card I am showing, how about a pic of the back.


It's surprising that for being a power hitter Billy has never hit 30 or more home runs.  Though the team record for home runs by a Royal is only 36.  Barry Bonds hit twice that amount one year.

I like the back of the card, though I do wish they had complete career stats instead of just the recent year, but at least the card doesn't have any blank space.  The placement of everything is nice, especially the 216/250.  I've noticed a lot of cards (thanks to taking the COMC Challenge) has the #'d to in really hard to read spots (some over words even).  I like where you can see it plain and clear.

So, one final thanks to Pat over at Hot Corner Cards for all the awesome cards.

Before I go, I have a few good ideas for posts this week, including showing off some stuff I bought recently including my first look at 2014 Topps football.  Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of your weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment