Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Update on Major League Cards

UPDATE!  On a recent post (man that almost sounds like an episode of Unsolved Mysteries or America's Most Wanted) I mentioned the Major League set from Topps Archive.

After I published that post, I have been able to acquire two more cards from the set- Jake Taylor and Roger Dorn!  Now all that is left in the basic 4 card set (the Jobu and Rachel Phelps cards I think are only in the special pack) is Charlie Sheen (aka Ricky Vaughn).






I like how they even tells about the character on the back.  Obviously they couldn't have stats (I guess they could make some up), so this is perfect.





So it looks like I have a little bit more chasing to do, but I think I will have a lot of fun doing it.  By the way the total I spent for the 3 cards so far- $4.10.  Not too bad I don't think. Factor in that I had a $5 credit to begin the month (thanks again COMC) and by doing the COMC Challenge and earning money, I really got these for free.  Maybe by the time the Jobu and Phelps cards are for sale on there I will have enough saved up to buy them.


Before I go, I want to mention that I am posting this earlier than usual.  I don't intend to have a rhyme or rhythm to when I post, but tonight it is earlier because I have not been asleep in 24 hours and I hope I can go to sleep soon.  My original post was going to be about my first package I got in the mail since starting this blog, but wanted my full attention to it.  I have finally scanned some of the cards, and I think with the volume (and my overall lack of topics right now), I will stretch it into 3 posts.  I hope to have at least part one of those posts up sometime tomorrow, or even later tonight if I at least get some sleep.

Thanks again for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment